How acupuncture influences the reproductive system (The science)
- Balancing hormones and regulating ovulation by improving the function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis.
- Decreasing uterine irritability and contractions to allow for greater ease of embryo attachment to the uterine wall
- Increasing blood flow to the uterus, providing a healthy, oxygen and nutrient-rich uterine lining for an optimal environment to nurture and grow.
- Reducing stress by regulating serotonin levels
- Decreasing pain sensation by triggering the brain to release endorphins
- Regulating the menstrual cycle
When a woman's reproductive life span nears completion, the energies are transferred from the uterus to the heart...a woman moves from a state of procreation...to a state of wisdom. -Randine Lewis