Nature provides a variety of plants that offer us everything we need for health and wellness. Humans have used the plants around them as food and medicine since the beginning of time, and we continue to use these amazing plants today to support our whole health. Our bodies are intelligent and posses the innate ability to heal themselves. However, we occasionally get stuck in unhealthy patterns or cycles, especially within the context of our busy, modern lifestyles. Through a personalized and holistic framework, herbalists assess the discordant patterns and imbalances of our lives and match them to plant preparations that nudge the mind, body, and spirit back into a state of balance. Whether you are experiencing a chronic or an acute condition, have an array of concerns or simply wish to feel more balanced, herbs can help. Herbalism is safe and effective, and can be used at any stage of life; during pregnancy, with infants and children, in our adulthood and through our wisdom years. Herbs are usually intended for short term use, as they treat the root cause of our imbalances rather than simply mask symptoms (which are our bodies' way of communicating to us that something is out of balance). Herbs are effective on their own, but can also be used in conjunction with other forms of complementary and integrative therapies, conventional medicine, and pharmaceuticals.
Herbalism is useful for a variety of health concerns, including:
- Cramps, PMS, infertility, and other women's health concerns during pregnancy, postpartum, and throughout menopause
- Skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, acne, boils, hives and rashes
- Headaches, migraines and brain fog
- Mental health concerns such as stress, anxiety, depression, obsessive thinking and insomnia
- Allergies and sinus problems
- Digestive issues including IBS, constipation, diarrhea, nausea & acid reflux
- Acute care for strains, sprains, breaks, infections, fevers, colds, burns, wounds, injuries and almost anything else you can think of!
- Musculoskeletal and neurological issues
Herbal Consultations are available on Tuesdays with Marina and on Thursdays with Shyla.